I have been experimenting with earl grey lately and it has been so much fun! If you love earl grey and chocolate you will love these cookies. They were a really great way to satisfy my chocolate cravings which are pretty much 24/7. In fact as I am posting this all of them are already gone….I HAVE NO SHAME!
1. 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
2. 1 cup brown sugar
3. 2 eggs
4. 1/2 cup cocoa powder
5. 1/2 tsp salt
6. 3/4 bag of chocolate chunks
7. 2 tsp corn starch
8. 1 tsp baking soda
9. 2 cups AP flour
10. 1 tbsp espresso powder
11. 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
Earl Grey Glaze:
Brewed earl grey tea
Earl grey tea leaves
1. Preheat oven to 325. In a mixing bowl beat together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix for about 7-8 minutes. It will expand in size and be Supa flurfy!
2. In a separate bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.
3. Once butter and sugar are done add in one egg at a time mixing after each one. Then add vanilla and mix.
4. Then add dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. Add in the majority of chocolate chunks, but save a few for later.
5. Chill in some plastic wrap for at least an hour. Once chilled roll out dough on clean floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick. I cut out mine with a glass for simple circular cookies. Bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes. About five minutes in take out cookies. Place a few chocolate chunks in each cookie. This will make melts chocolate puddles on top🤤
Now once the cookies are done let them cool completely. While waiting make the glaze.
Like I do with all my glazes I never measure anything….
I just keep adding until I get the right consistency I want, which is a THICK pourable glaze. I simply added the powdered sugar into a bowl. Then with 1 tbsp at a time added the brewed tea until I got the right consistency. Then for BOLDER earl grey flavor I added in the leaves. You don’t HAVE to add the leaves, I just love the flavor of earl grey!