Deciding to add espresso powder and peppermint to the basic Oreo truffle was a decision I will not be regretting. These truffles basically taste like a peppermint mocha latte. So yeah, they’re freaking awesome.
I also love looking at the pretty specks of espresso in the white chocolate, but that’s just me being weird and looking at food like one may look their child. Just kidding…almost.
When tasting these you get a huge chocolate flavor from the cookies and then that peppermint kicks in, counteracting it, once you’re just about to swallow that espresso comes in all nice and warm. Did I describe that well enough? Let me know in the comments.
1. 1 package of Oreo cookies(there was probably one or two missing from mine because duh)
2. 1 8 oz pkg of cream cheese
3. Two crushed candy canes (I used the food processor to crush them)
4. 1-2 tbsp espresso powder
5. 1 12 oz bag of white chocolate
6. 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Finely crush the Oreos in a food processor or in a ziplock bag using a rolling pin. In a medium sized bowl pour in the crushed cookies and cream cheese.
2. Combine the two with a mixer. You can do it by hand p, but using a mixer with make it smoother and creamier which is always good.
3. I used a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon scooping them out so they would all be the same size. Place them on a cooling rack. I placed a cookie sheet underneath on top of a cookie sheet. I did this so later when I dipped them they would already to in the rack.
By the way that’s my husbands hand, if only I looked somewhat muscular….
4. Place them in the freezer for 30 minutes or the fridge for two hours.
5. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Add in coconut oil and 1-2 tbsp of espresso powder. I used 2….but I LOVE the flavor of coffee.
6. Using a fork dip the truffles in the chocolate. Dusting of any access chocolate and then place them in the cooling rack. While they are still wet sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top. I crushed those in the food processor as well or you can use a ziplock bag too!
7. Place into the fridge for 30 min to set. Keep stored in the fridge.