This soup makes me all warm inside like good memories or some wine. Something perfect for this January weather of wet, cold, and just confusing day to day clothing. A cure for the “I hate going to work and sitting at a desk blues” Okay maybe not a cure, but will definitely get your mind off of the fact that tomorrow is Monday and Mondays FREAKING SUCK WHEN YOU WORK!
Unless you love your job, and by that may I say, YOU’RE A FREAKING UNICORN! Go you, You rock!
Anyway, here are the ingredients:
1. 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
2. Sliced Italian sausage( I used spice chicken sausage from Trader Joe’s)
3. 4 Yukon gold potatoes
5. 2 tbsp chopped garlic
6. 1/2 cup shredded carrots
7. 2 chopped leaks
8. Multiple cups of chicken broth
9. 1 tsp cumin
1. In your soup pot sauté your sliced or crumbles if sausage to form a crust.
Something like this
2. Take the sausage out and add some olive oil to the pot. Sauté the chopped leaks with S and P until tender. Add cubed potatoes and some more sprinkles of S & P. Add garlic and cumin.
3. Pour about 1 cup of broth and scrape the bottom of the pan picking up all of that flavor from the sausage.
4. Next add the chopped basil and shredded carrots. Stir and cook for about five minutes.
5. Add rest of broth and cooked sausage. Put on low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes and it is ready to serve. This goes great with toasted baguette, YUMMMMMM.