If the title of this cheesecake offends you, I apologize, parental discretion is advised.
I grew up with a cake called better than sex cake or Heath cake, which is what we call it for church gatherings. It was a German chocolate cake with holes poked into it Then you slowly pour caramel and condensed milk over the cake while it is still warm. Top with Cool Whip and heath candy pieces. This was my brothers favorite cake and for his birthday this year he asked if I could make it in cheesecake form. However, I loved the idea so much that I decided to make it for Valentine’s Day! I think the title fits this holiday…don’t you?
3 room temp eggs
1 package of cookies and cream cookies
1 stick of melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 8 ounce pkg of cream cheese room temp
3/4 up heavy cream
1/2 tsp of lemon juice
1/2 pint of whipping cream
3 tbsp of powdered sugar
Crushed up Heath Bar Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix together nicely crushed cookies and melted butter. Wrap your spring form pan in aluminum foil along the bottom and stick inside a deep pan or dish. Either grease inside of the smaller pan or line with parchment on the inside so it won’t stick. Then press cookie crumbs into spring form pan. I let mine come up on the sides and spread it evenly using the back of a measuring cup.
3. Bake in oven for ten minutes. Prepare hot water for water bath.
4. Put the room temp cream cheese into your stand mixer and mix on low for about 5 min until smooth and creamy. Add the brown sugar and mix until creamy. SCRAPE down the sides and the spatula very often.
5. Once creamy add one egg at a time to cheese mixture while it is on a medium speed. Scrape down the sides again and add the heavy cream, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix on high. Keep scraping and mixing until very smooth mixture and there are no lumps.
6. Pour into baked crust and smooth out top with spatula. Pour hot water into the deep pan until half way up the outside of the springform pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Then turn off oven and keep door ajar. Let it sit in the oven like this for 30 min. This will help it set up and finish cooking the center.
7. Once done take out of the oven and let it sit in the pan and cool completely on cooling rack. Once cooled put into fridge for about two hours or the freezer for 30 min to set up even more.
8. While it cools make the whipped cream. I FREAKING LOVE WHIPPED CREAM SO MUCH! Okay now that I’ve said that lets make it
Pour it into the mixer with powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks. That’s it. You’re Welcome.
9. Take the cake out of the fridge and poke holes with sporadic intentions. I used a chopstick.
10. Pour caramel over the top just to cover, should be a few tbsp. I used store-bought, but you can totally one up me and make your own.
11. Then spread whipped cream and top with Heath Bar pieces.
SHEW that was a lot of typing, I think I will reward myself with some cheesecake. Enjoy!