I did some spontaneous shopping at Trader Joe’s and bought fennel, something I’ve never cooked with and have early eaten. I have always wanted to experiment with it and this is what I came up with!
This pasta dish includes orecchiette pasta, sweet Italian chicken sausage, mushrooms and fennel!
FYI you can totally add more or less of my ingredients with this dish!
1 box of orecchiette pasta
Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
2 Tbsp dried thyme
A few Tbsp fresh parsley
About 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 bulb of fennel sliced
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 chopped garlic cloves
Parmesan cheese for topping
1. Bring a pot of water to boil
2. While you wait slice your sausage into circular slices about the same size as the pasta. You can totally used ground sausage if desired!
3. Sauté sausage in olive oil to form a crust. Flipping after about 5 minutes on each side.
4. Once sausage has a good crust take it out of the pan and add in fennel, S&P, into the pan. Sauté for five minutes.
5. Add in mushrooms and garlic to the fennel and sauté for another 5-7 min.
6. Once water is boiling add in a heaping amount of salt and then your pasta to your pot.
7. Add in thyme to the fennel mixture and check for anymore S&P to add if needed. Add back in your sausage.
8. Drain your pasta once done(box instructions) and add to the sausage mixture and mix. Add in the chicken broth to form a sauce. Add in fresh parsley.
9. Serve with Parmesan cheese! Enjoy!