Uhm I know saying something is “the best” is a huge rep to live up to, but I am not kidding. This is the chicken salad that made my husband love chicken salad. He started liking a lot of things since marrying me haha.
I enjoy making a HUGE freaking sandwich with extra black pepper with this chicken salad. I also love scooping it up with chips, preferably dill pickle chips(GENIUS)
Excuse my lack of nail care….
Anyway here is the recipe!!
3 stocks of celery chopped finely
5-6 green onions chopped
1 can of drained water chestnuts-chopped
1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
1 can crushed and drained pineapple
4-5 chicken breasts(roasted with S&P and olive oil) shredded
S&P to taste
You can totally use fresh pineapple and you can use canned chicken(Shhh it’s a secret)
This makes about 7-8 sandwiches (big sandwiches(;)
1. Roast your chicken with S&P and olive oil at 375 until cooked through, let cool. Shred that thing!
2. Chop all your veggies. I used a food processor for the celery and water chestnuts. I chopped the onions not too fine and bought the pineapple crushed.
3. Place veggies and pineapple in giant bowl over shredded chicken.
4. In a dry skillet toast your almonds until golden brown. This brings out the flavor!
5. Add almonds to chicken mix and slowly add mayo spoonful by spoonful. I don’t measure this because some prefer less or more mayo so just do your preference.
6. Add S&P to taste and mix well! I like to make mine ahead of time to let sit in the fridge and let the flavors come together!