These lavender shortbread cookies, this lemon curd, y’all….
SO SO GOOD AND SO SO SPRING!
I ordered this culinary lavender from Amazon and I am trying to use it up, so if y’all have any suggestions please let me know, food or non food lol
I’m thinking about making homemade soap!
Anyway, these lavender short bread cookies surround a homemade lemon curd that I couldn’t stop eating with a spoon. Like seriously, my husband had to make me stop.
I am a notorious good picker/taster/impatient. Everyone but me finds it annoying, but oh well 😉
Here is the recipe!
2 cups AP Flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup room temp butter
2 tsp culinary lavender
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Juice of two lemons
Zest of three lemons
3 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups cold water
4 Tbsp corn starch
1 Tbsp cold butter
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. In a standing mixer or hand mixer beat the butter and vanilla Until light and fluffy
3. In a food processor mix the lavender and powdered sugar finely
4. Add sugar and lavender mix to butter and mix
5. On low speed add in one cup of flour at a time. Then add baking powder and salt. Mix until fully combined.
6. Remove dough from bowl and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the fridge to chill at least an hour.
7. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone mat. On a floured surface roll out dough to 1/4 inch or preferred thickness.
8. Cut out cookies in desired shape. Half of them add a hole in the middle, I used a piping tip! The other half leave whole. The rest of the dough combine together and chill while they bake, if baking a few at a time.
9. Before placing in the oven place the pan in the fridge or freezer to chill once more before baking. This prevents them from spreading.
10. Bake at 325 for 10-12 min. Let cool completely once done.
1. In a sauce pan stir together sugar and cornstarchon medium heat.
2. Gradually add in cold water, stirring until smooth.
3. Stir in egg yolks, stirring constantly.
4. Bring to a boil and boil for one minute.
5. Remove from heat and add in lemon juice and zest. Stir until fully combined.
6. Add in cold butter in cubes and stir until melted.
7. Let chill completely.
Sandwich the curd(about 1 Tbsp) between two cooled cookies!