I remember making this dish an endless amount of times with my mom. I would stand on a chair just to reach the stove top so I could actually see what was in the pot!
Once I got older I would sneak in spices and other ingredients when she wasn’t looking(;
I finally got to make her spaghetti my way this time with a little extra flavor that I always knew it needed! Regardless this will always be my mom’s dish that I love to make!
Let’s get into it!
I’m so proud of my fresh thyme plant! What should I name it? He he
1. One package of angel hair
2. One packet of spaghetti seasoning(McCormik)
3. One leak chopped
4. One package of mushrooms sliced
5. 5 Tbsp fresh thyme( I lurv thyme)
6. One can diced tomatoes
7. Ground turkey or beef
9. Olive oil
10. 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh garlic
1. In a big pot add olive oil and cool ground turkey. Fully cook through.
2. Add in mushrooms, leek, garlic and S&P.
3. Once the veggies are half way cooked through add in the fresh thyme and let toast for 2-3 minutes.
4. Next add in enough water to cook pasta. Bring to a boil, add more salt, and add pasta.
5. Add in canned tomatoes and seasoning packet.
6. Stir every now and then until pasta is cooked through.
7. Let simmer for 3 minutes and enjoy! It tastes great the second day too!