Have you ever had the orzo salad from Whole Foods Market?
Oh ma goodness…
It’s so good, but I didn’t want to keep paying for it, and it also has feta cheese in it. Which I don’t prefer. So I decided to make my own version at home!
This was also my first time cooking with orzo pasta, which I had to go to Trader Joe’s to get. Weird?
I just love salads and simple recipes in the summer! I make this huge batch and you can eat on it for days!!
Here is the recipe!
1. One package or box of orzo pasta
2. 1 bag of frozen spinach thawed
3. 3-4Tbsp fresh basil chopped
4. One small white onion chopped or a red onion.
1. The juice and zest of half a lemon
2. 3 Tbsp olive oil
3. Balsamic vinaigrette( I didn’t measure he he)
1. Fetuses and drain the bag of spinach. Make sure to squeeze ALL the moisture out.
2. In a large pot of boiling water add salt and cook pasta until done. Package directions.
3. Once done drain and combine with spinach, chopped onion, and basil.
4. Add all of the ingredients of the dressing together then ad to the salad. Add more or less for preference. Let sit in the fridge a few hours to let flavors get to know each other, know what I’m saying….