Pudding and bread, hmmm, yup I’d eat that.
This is a perfect gateway dessert to Fall! Fall is my favorite season and I CANNOT wait to cook and bake with pumpkin, spices, and warmth!
Comment if you agree that fall is the best season ever. I could sit on a window seat cuddled up with a good book and a sweater for dayyzzzz. Oh, also have this bread pudding next to me making me all warm inside.
Let’s get to it:)
1. 4 cups of dry bread cubes( I used the cinnamon roll bread from Trader Joe’s)
2. 2 cups scalded milk
3. 2 well beaten eggs
4. 1/2 sugar
5. 1/2 tsp salt
6. 1 tsp cinnamon
7. 1/2 tsp nutmeg
8. 1 tsp vanilla
1. Confectioners sugar
2. 1/2 tsp Rum extract
3. 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl beat together eggs, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Beat very well.
3. Scald your milk. Add to a saucepan and wait for the sides to bring to form small bubbles. Do not boil!
4. Slowly add scalded milk to egg mixture. Be careful not to scramble the eggs, add a little at a time mixing after.
5. Add egg and milk mixture to cubes bread in a large bowl. You can add nuts or arisen at this point! Let soak for 2-3 minutes.
6. I use cute little ramekins, but you can use a casserole dish as well. Add mixture to ramekins divided or your casserole dish.
7. Bake for one hour!
–For the glaze combine all ingredients for a thick consistency. I didn’t measure the milk or sugar because I like it really thick and some don’t. Try not to add too much liquid, maybe a 1/2 to 1 tsp.