This roasted chicken is seriously one of my favorite things I have ever made at home. Like does it get better then a savory, crispy, and freaking juicy roasted chicken?
I make this and my husband and I eat on it for days and it’s amazing! I love making meals that last for more then one day, it’s so convenient!
This chicken is laying on a bed of carrots and I swear they are the best carrots I’ve ever tasted!
Now to the recipe….
1. One whole chicken
2. One medium onion quartered
3. 3 whole carrots in one niche pieces or a bag of baby carrots
4. 1/4 cup butter room temp
5. 6 cloves of garlic
6. 4 Tbsp of dried or fresh thyme, I used dried.
8. One lemon quartered
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Take your chicken out of packaging or whatever it came in and rinse it off in your sink. Take out the inside parts lol usually they are in a bag or your butcher may take them out for you.
3. Once rinsed pat it with a paper towel to dry it off.
4. Leave in sink while you prep the pan. Or be better then me and do this before you rinse the bird instead I decided to type it this way because I forgot….
5. In a casserole dish add in come baking spray and your carrots. Toss them in salt and pepper.
6. Place your chicken on top of the carrots. Place the quarter onion, quartered lemon, and 3 cloves of garlic inside the chicken nice and tight.
7. In a small bowl mix together thyme, the other 3 cloves of garlic chopped, and butter. Spread some of this mix under the skin of the chicken. You will feel a barrier but you can gently break through it.
The rest of the butter mixture cover the outside of the chicken. Like really COVER this thang. All over.
8. Then sprinkle with S&P. Place this in the oven for 50- 60 minutes until brown and crispy. Also use a meat thermometer to make sure the temp between the leg and thigh is 165 degrees and the water runs clear!
I served with cous cous!